- hikey 960 single board computer
Brand Name: smartfly
Demo Board Type: ARM
Processor Brand: Rockchip
Model Number: HiKey960 (3G DDR+32G eMMC)
Intergrated Feature: 10/100/1000Mbps
Intergrated Feature: Bluetooth
Intergrated Feature: WiFi 802.11b/g/n
ROM Capacity: 16GB
Interface: 2 x USB2.0
Interface: TF Card Support
Interface: HDMI/RCA Output
Interface: USB OTG
Memory Capacity: 2GB
CPUCortex A53 (up to 1.8GHz) Big.Little: HiSilicon Kirin 960 (4*Cortex A73 (up to 2.3GHz) + 4*Cortex A53)
GPU: ARM Mali G71 MP8, up to 900MHz
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM @ 1866MHz
Storage: 32GB UFS flash storage MicroSD card slot (SD3.0, SDR104, up to 2TB)
Wireless: WiFi (2.4- and 5-GHz dual band with two antennas) Bluetooh 4.1
USB: 2 x USB 3.0 type A (host mode only) + 1 x USB 2.0 type C OTG
Power Source: Recommend a [email protected] adapter with a DC plug which has a 4.75mm outer dia
OS Support: AOSP/LINUX
The HiKey 960 has updated the USB Type-A host from USB2.0 to USB3.0 compared to the original HiKey board. In order to enhance the expansion ability, the HiKey 960 includes a PCIE Gen2 on M.2 M Key connector to enable PCIE devices connection. The HiKey 960 also includes an updated the WiFi module supporting 2.4GHZ single band to 2.4- and 5.0 GHz dual band with two antennas.
Android support for the HiKey 960 will be enabled through Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Additional software support will be added through collaboration between Huawei, Linaro and the community.
• HiKey960 schematics
• HiKey960 user guide
• 96boards wiki
Use the following commands to download, build, and run Android on the HiKey960 board.
1. Download the Android source tree:
- repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master
- epo sync -j24
2.Download and extract binaries into the Android source tree:
- wget https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/arm-hikey960-NOU-7ad3cccc.tgz
- tar xzf arm-hikey960-NOU-7ad3cccc.tgz./extract-arm-hikey960.sh
Installing initial images
1.Select fastboot mode turning ON switch 1 and 3 (for details, refer to the HiKey960 user guide).
- cd device/Linaro/hikey/installer/hikey960
4.Turn OFF switch 3 and power cycle the board.
1.Enter fastboot mode by turning ON switch 1 and 3.
2.Flash images by running the following commands:
fastboot flash boot out/target/product/hikey960/boot.img
fastboot flash dts out/target/product/hikey960/dt.img
fastboot flash system out/target/product/hikey960/system.img
fastboot flash cache out/target/product/hikey960/cache.img
fastboot flash userdata out/target/product/hikey960/userdata.img
Building the kernel
1.Run the following commands:
- git clone https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/hikey-linaro
- cd hikey-linaro
- git checkout -b android-hikey-linaro-4.4 origin/android-hikey-linaro-4.4
- make ARCH=arm64 hikey960_defconfig
- make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-android- -j24
2.Update the kernel in the boot image.
- Copy hi3660-hikey960.dtb (arch/arm64/boot/dts/hisilicon/hi3660-hikey960.dtb) to the hikey-kernel directory as file hi3660-hikey960.dtb.
3.Copy the Image file (arch/arm64/boot/Image.gz) to the hikey-kernel directory as file Image.gz-hikey960.
- Make the boot image:
- make bootimage -j24
- fastboot getvar nve:[email protected]_DIGIT_NUMBER
Edit the device/Linaro/hikey/hikey960/BoardConfig.mk parameter BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE and configure the video setting. Example setting for a 24" monitor is video=HDMI-A-1:[email protected]
Expert Support: [email protected] smartfire.cn Skype: smartfire_cn
Product Customization: [email protected] smartfire.cn